Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Went for a walk in my neighborhood today because I have been going into the city so much I just haven't had the time to explore it and found this amazing open market space only about 5 blocks down the main street. They have everything-hardware store, drug store, doctor's clinic and even a video store where I can rent movies. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me - but I can only describe it as very cool and very ... well, rustic. This is real Thai. If I have time I will go back tom and get some pics.
Stopped at restaurant - well, a woman who cooks out of cart and has a table for you to sit and ordered authentic pad thai with shrimp. God it was amazing, She had all the ingredients in little cups and just threw it all together in the wok. Much spicier then what you get in America but I am learning to appreciate spicy. First - don't drink water. It only spreads the heat throughout your mouth and lingers after you finish eating. And it never gets much hotter than the first bite. And believe it or not spicy foods in the heat are great. I don't know why it just works.
gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment