Tuesday, November 17, 2009











This is the local market I was telling you about. I returned today for lunch and it was amazing. Within the buildings are little mazes of stalls with the most amazing produce and fruits and veggies and fish ( Thai people are not a bit shy about eating fish with the head on - I did my third day here and it was very good - snake head fish it was - sweet and light.) And all the meats and little stalls that just sell all this crazy stuff. One had a stall of duck eggs. and that's what she does every day - she sells her duck eggs. I have a feeling that this is where a lot of restaurants get their supplies.

This time I tried this spicy soup ( name escapes me ) and just grabbed little things here and there. Thai people kinda have little bites all throughout the day. Breakfast and Dinner are big meals but they just sort of have bites during the day. Works for me!
And I went to a doctors clinic to get my blood tested for my Work Visa and it turns out I do not have syphilis or leprosey. What a relief! (And I think of all those years of worry.)

Going to play with the neighbor's kid now. His parents like me to get him started on English. And he's a great kid.

Well...

gotta go!



No comments:

Post a Comment