Friday, January 15, 2010

Dusit Zoo






















Today I went into the city and spent almost the entire day at the Dusit Zoo in downtown Bangkok. Because I have been on safari in Africa, I must confess that a couple of zebras, a couple of giraffes and a hippo or two is not such a big deal to me. But I did get to spend a lot of time with my friends. These elephants were a family - Dad and Mom and Son and they did a short show in which they played with balls and danced and did silly things, but I spent most of my time just hanging out with them - backstage. These animals mesmerize me and it was nice to get acquitted with three new beauties and I'm sure I will visit them again.

Oh, and the white tiger was pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. Would you recommend going? The elephant area looks a little sad (with not much room). Will this zoo make me depressed rather than happy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the "backstage" area for the elephants that perform in the show. They do not stay here for long and they do not stay here when the zoo is closed. There is another place to see elephants in the zoo and they have a large area to roam. But I will confess - this is not the greatest zoo. It was rather depressing.

    ReplyDelete